Housing associations are to be set free. You can do what you like. But with this new freedom come responsibilities – to ensure you act in the best interests of your residents, your employees, your key stakeholders and investors
Make sure your organisation adapts to the newly deregulated landscape and rises to the challenges ahead.
Book on to HQN’s masterclass to find out what you should be doing to raise your governance standards and what the Homes and Communities Agency expects from boards.
You'll get to hear from all sides of the table – the company secretary/governance officer, the Executive team, the Board chair and the NEDs. We'll leave no stone unturned.
So join HQN Chief Executive Alistair McIntosh, Mick Warner from the HCA and our leading governance associate Colin Ward, former Director of Business Assurance at Helena Partnerships, for a day of strategic advice and practical guidance.
Full line-up of speakers to be announced shortly.
• HCA – what does good governance look like?
• The HQN experience: what makes a good board? what are the common pitfalls? How best to avoid them
• The NED’s perspective – how do NEDs get close to an organisation and make the right decisions when it's not our day job?
• The Chief Executive’s perspective
• A day in the life of the company secretary/governance officer - dealing with the essentials from board papers to minutes
• Making meetings more effective
• Putting it right when it all goes wrong.