Chat with us live
Value for Money masterclass
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Birmingham
- Start 07 Jun 2018 11:00
- End 07 Jun 2018 14:00
Need some help with what the new VfM Standard and Code of Practice really means for your organisation?
Come along to our practical VfM workshop next month to gain a better understanding of what the Regulator of Social Housing expects.
Do you have all bases covered on VfM?
While housing associations no longer need to produce a VfM self-assessment, they will need to meet the reporting requirements of the new Standard. This includes the publishing of performance data in annual accounts against metrics set out by the regulator, and how it compares to your peers.
In addition, providers are now able to set performance targets to reflect social outcomes, appropriate to their objectives. But how do you make this work to your advantage?
Delivered by HQN's Housing Finance Network Lead Associate Ian Parker, this half-day masterclass will help you extract the detail from your own accounts/reports to ensure your returns are accurate and relevant.
To make sure you get 'optimal benefit' from the day, Ian will also be on-hand to answer your specific VfM queries. You can send your questions to us in advance at: firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s not much time before final accounts are signed off – make sure you comply with the new requirements.
We will cover:
- How to make sure you calculate ALL of the metrics correctly
- How you explain trends in performance on these metrics (particularly where definitions have changed)
- What you must put in the accounts (OK the requirement for a long VfM report has been abolished – but what do you put in its place?)
- How you deal with VfM at an IDA (where the probing is intense)
- The new requirement to demonstrate that your decisions lead to “optimal benefit” (this WILL mean more thorough option appraisals for many)
- How to get your board up to speed on VfM – “we’re not so worried about the metrics as such, but we are concerned that your board don’t know their own numbers well enough or what they mean” – is a common refrain from the IDA teams.
Who should attend?
This event is essential for those responsible for reporting VfM in the accounts, regulatory compliance, appraising the board and ensuring VfM is embedded in the business, including:
- Finance directors
- Finance teams
- Performance teams
- Governance teams.
Full price: £150.00 *
Members of the Housing Finance Network: FREE *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Please note that a ‘no-show’ fee of £60.00 will be charged for cancelled free places unless we receive at least 14 days’ notice of your cancellation.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.