Chat with us live
UKATA-approved* duty to manage asbestos training – asbestos training tailored specifically for the social housing sector
- Type HQN Event
- Venue pentahotel Birmingham
- Address Holloway Head/Ernest Street, B1 1NS
- Start 14 Sep 2017 09:30
- End 14 Sep 2017 16:00
Does the very mention of asbestos conjure up images of high costs and the risk of serious detriment? It doesn’t need to.
HQN has worked with Bradley Environmental, one of the UK’s most respected UKATA-approved asbestos training providers with over 25 years of industry experience, to deliver a one-day UKATA-approved* course that’s tailored to social housing providers.
- Asbestos awareness (refresher)
- Legislative requirements
- Defining the duty to manage asbestos
- Types, risks and locations of asbestos containing materials (ACMs)
- The survey report, register and their use
- Dealing with your ACMs
- Information, instruction and training
- Record, review and key.
By the end of the course delegates will understand:
- The hazards associated with asbestos and where it is found
- Their responsibilities with regards to the duty to manage asbestos
- How to prioritise asbestos and create an action plan
- The requirements for and how to use asbestos surveys and registers
- The purpose for and content of an asbestos management plan
- The different asbestos removal and remediation projects
- The different types of asbestos training.
Matt Dawes, Senior Asbestos Consultant and Trainer at Bradley Environmental, will guide you through the day and answer all your questions. Matt has been in the asbestos industry for over 12 years as both a consultant and a client representative for a major social housing provider.
Here’s what some of our previous delegates had to say:
“Excellent trainer, discussion aspects interesting, very knowledgeable and kept session on track. Very satisfied and glad I attended”
Graham Thomas, Health and Safety Compliance Officer, Places for People
“Good delivery of the course, remained varied, encouraged interaction. Stories of examples were interesting.”
Davinia Mohabier, Senior Surveyor, Genesis Housing Association Ltd
“Really excellent presentation. Clear and informative. Well tailored to suit the needs of those with either little or plenty of prior knowledge.”
Gary Martin, Technical Officer, Rochdale Boroughwide Housing
Who should attend?
Designed for everyone with ‘duty to manage’ responsibilities for asbestos management and responsibility for protecting the people who work in such premises. Whether you’re an asset director, manager or team leader, planned and responsive maintenance manager, voids manager, health and safety officer or adviser, surveyor, or you work in aids and adaptations, this is an essential training course for you. You should have completed an asbestos awareness session within the past 18 months.
*Delegates will need to have completed a UKATA-approved asbestos awareness session within the past 18 months in order to achieve UKATA approval on this course. If your asbestos awareness training was not UKATA-approved then you can still attend our duty to manage training but you will receive a HQN certificate of attendance rather than a UKATA one. If you’re not sure whether the training you’ve undertaken is sufficient to be able to complete this course please just get in touch.
Full price: £209.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £179.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information.
This event will also be held in London.