Chat with us live
The tenant voice and the Housing Green Paper – make your views heard
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Trafford Housing Trust, Manchester
- Start 23 Apr 2018 10:00
- End 23 Apr 2018 14:00
Does the government really care about social housing residents? Should social landlords be doing more to ensure tenants voices are heard?
In the post-Grenfell housing world, it appears the views of residents are being taken seriously. But will anything really change unless it comes from the top?
With the long-awaited Housing Green Paper just around the corner, the Residents' Network is staging a series of best practice groups to explore what should be included and how the sector can better recognise the views of tenants. We want to hear from residents as well as landlords.
These events will also provide an opportunity to discuss the future of resident involvement and whether the current models of co-regulation and tenant scrutiny are fit for purpose.
And we want to hear your thoughts on the future of the Residents' Network and how it can stay relevant and add value in the new housing landscape.
To ensure our Best Practice groups are more than talking shops, we will be sending notes and recommendations from each event to the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government's strategy team.
Key themes to be explored:
- What should be in the Housing Green Paper?
- How the social housing sector can better recognise the views of tenants
- Should the regulator have a formal role in making this happen?
- The future landlord/tenant relationship – is co-regulation/scrutiny etc old hat?
- What does The Residents' Network need to look like to stay relevant/add value in this new landscape?
- The merit of mutuals – should tenants have more say in how their landlord is run?
Please note, we are offering a limited number of free places to non-members. These are being made available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Residents Network will be holding Best Practice groups at the following locations:
If you have any questions, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT
This is a FREE event