Chat with us live
The Residents' Network annual conference 2017
- Type HQN Event
- Venue The Millennium Hotel London Mayfair
- Address 44 Grosvenor Square, Mayfair, W1K 2HP
- Start 07 Dec 2017 10:00
- End 07 Dec 2017 16:00
The Residents' Network features a broad collection of members and one of its main strengths is its ability to share ideas. We promote different ways for residents and staff to work together, and for organisations to meet regulatory obligations.
But what if we're getting it all wrong?
Even before the Grenfell Tower fire, change felt inevitable in the field of tenant involvement and empowerment. Over time we have witnessed the splitting of our regulator into two halves, with neither feeling like it deals with co-regulation and scrutiny. We have seen widespread changes to funding projects involving residents, as a result of the 1% rent cut. We’re also now experiencing digital technologies changing the ways people provide services.
With all this happening, is it time to rip it all up and start again?
This year's annual conference will examine what the future of resident involvement could look like and challenge the housing sector to find new ways of ensuring the voices of residents are heard.
Key sessions will include*:
- Key note speeches – Tony Lloyd MP, Shadow Minister (Housing), Karen Buck MP and The Lord Kerslake
- A review of the year – Rob Gershon, Lead Associate of the Residents’ Network
- Launch of the Residents’ Challenge Charter – Sue Farrant
- Panel discussion: Rip it up and start again? The future of resident involvement – Rob Gershon (Chair), Elaine Warwick (BPHA), Nic Bliss (Confederation of Co-operative Housing), Sue Murray (Bromford Group), Keith Edwards (HQN associate and former CIH Cymru and TPAS Cymru director)
- Panel discussion: 98% happy? KPIs and what they actually tell us about resident satisfaction – Rob Gershon (Chair), Russell Heath (Orbit), Michelle McIsaac (BPHA) Keith Edwards (HQN associate and former CIH Cymru and TPAS Cymru director)
- Benefit2Society social housing myth busting campaign – Rachel Branson, Town & Country Housing
- The community impact approach – Elaine Warwick, BPHA
- ‘Power sharing’ – how organisations need to change the power balance – Jacqui McKinley, Centre for Public Scrutiny.
*More speakers to be announced (and programme subject to change)
Full price (staff): £199*
Residents’ Network members (staff): £175*
Full price (residents): £119*
Residents’ Network members (residents): One free place, £119* for additional places
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information.