Chat with us live
The future of housing management
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury
- Address 9-13 Bloomsbury Street, London, WC1B 3QD
- Start 18 Oct 2017 10:00
- End 18 Oct 2017 16:00
Budget cuts, welfare reforms, new technology, mergers and organisational restructures have seen the responsibilities of frontline housing staff change beyond recognition in recent years – so much so that the job title of the “housing officer” can have dramatically different meanings from one organisation to the next.
During this full-day conference, we will explore a range of different delivery models and consider the latest thinking from across the sector on the best ways to deploy resources.
We’ll look at the different models in operation, what they have achieved, and how effective they are in tackling the issues facing housing providers in managing multi-tenure estates, developing neighbourhood plans that deliver, and ensuring tenants have a voice.
We’ll examine whether landlords can fulfil their responsibilities effectively without traditional housing officers.
With new technology developing at an exceptionally fast pace we’ll explore how landlords can keep up with the changes and use digital services effectively to streamline operations, improve resident engagement and satisfaction. We’ll look ahead at what options will be available to housing management teams in the future and how to make the most of them.
Finally, we’ll consider the important role that housing management plays in health and safety and safeguarding the well-being of residents.
- Nic Bliss, Confederation of Co-operative Housing - Is a national voice for tenants needed?
- Peaks & Plains Housing Trust - Do we need housing officers?
- Aster Group - The role of housing in tackling ASB
- Annemarie Fenlon, Notting Hill Housing - Notting Hill's Altogether Better management model
- New Charter Group - A best practice approach to neighbourhoods.
More to follow.
This event will also be held in Manchester.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Early Bird: £259.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information. Early bird ends Friday 25 August 2017.