Chat with us live
Spotlight on rent compliance
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 21 Aug 2018 10:00
- End 21 Aug 2018 16:00
Setting rents for social housing used to be quite simple.
But as we provide more homes across different tenures, understanding the rules and regulations for varying rent types has become a complicated business.
Imagine, for a moment, a block of flats owned by a housing association. There are six identical two-bed flats but none of the residents pays the same rent. One tenant has lived there since 1986 and pays a ‘fair rent’ of £100 a week. Another pays a social housing rent of £115 a week; one pays an ‘affordable rent’ of £130 a week; one pays an intermediate rent of £145 a week; another is a tenant in a flat sold under the Right to Buy and pays a market rent of £165 a week. Another has been placed as a homeless household in a flat provided to the local authority under a private leasing scheme and pays £170 a week.
While no doubt causing some tension for the tenants living in these homes, this fairly typical situation can prove a minefield for housing professionals whose job it is to ensure their organisation is compliant with RSH rent regulations.
Our 'Spotlight on rent compliance' event will aim to illuminate best practice and fill a knowledge sharing gap in this specialist area.
Key themes to be covered on the day include:
- Compliance with the assurance monitoring framework – looking at the various rent types and the management of legacy stock; ie varying rent types on different cycles/rules
- Review best practice around compliance with legislation and regulations to demonstrate adherence to all relevant law and RSH regulations
- Compliance with the risk management and internal controls assurance framework – for example, to monitor, report on and comply with s106 planning agreement housing provisions with rent conditions cyclically and ensure robust procedures are in place
- Developing a rents compliance KPI framework
- The digitalisation of compliance for rent setting, annual rent review, annual financial budgets and rent statements
- Understanding new rent models, including the London Living Rent.
Organised in conjunction with Notting Hill Genesis, delegates at the event will be invited to participate in a new Rent Compliance Forum, run by HQN, which we hope will provide some much-needed ongoing support.
Who should attend?
This event is essential for the following:
- Risk assurance and compliance teams
- Finance or housing management rent setting/review teams
- Data governance teams.
This event will also be held in Manchester.
Full price: £209.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £179.00 *
Early Bird: £195.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 01904 557150 for more information. Early bird ends Friday 20 July 2018.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.