Chat with us live
Playground and play area safety – an introduction to your responsibilites
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Great Places Housing Group, Oldham
- Start 07 Sep 2017 10:00
- End 07 Sep 2017 16:00
This is an introductory course for anyone who has the responsibility in the organisation for making sure that play areas are safely maintained and what the requirements are. Come along to hear the ‘definitive’ guidance, so that you’ll know what you need to do to meet health and safety requirements, legislation and British Standards.
The day will cover:
The laws around inspections, risk assessment, etc, and what is required to comply - including an overview of British Standards that apply to play areas
The different types of play area and what types of maintenance programme is required for each type – including:
- Playgrounds – external specific park areas with fixed swings, slides, etc
- Permanently installed outdoor fitness equipment
- Play areas (external) – including equipment such as a sandpit, plastic rocking toys, plastic slide, climbing frame and push toys
- Play areas (inside a scheme) – such as a set aside area in a communal lounge with lego, plastic toys, dolls and teddies
- What training is required to be able to undertake inspection and maintenance
- What information should be contained in a policy for an organisation.
The course will be delivered by Stuart Griffiths, one of RoSPA’s experts in this field.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information.
You are here: Page 1 of 6