Chat with us live
One step beyond – the more than just housing conference
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 29 Mar 2018 10:00
- End 29 Mar 2018 16:00
As public services face the squeeze in the age of austerity, social housing providers have gone above and beyond the call of duty to support their communities.
But with a renewed focus on building new homes and calls from the regulator to 'stick to the day job', are the days of community investment numbered or should housing associations and ALMOs continue to do whatever is needed to support local people?
At our One Step Beyond conference, HQN will shine the spotlight on some pioneering projects across the UK where housing providers have stepped in to provide vital local services, from running schools and newspapers to freeing bed space in hospitals.
This one-day conference will examine the future role of community development work by social landlords and why measuring its social value has significant benefits for all involved.
It will also ask the fundamental question – what will the social housing sector look like in ten years time?
Key sessions and themes include:
- Does social purpose fit into the future of the housing sector?
- Education – why a housing association stepped in to support and run local schools
- Health – the role housing providers can play in taking the pressure off the NHS
- Financial inclusion – why a housing association is piloting Universal Basic Income in one of its neighbourhoods
- Profit with a purpose – why a housing association set up its own ethical estate agency
- Leisure – how a housing association restored a famous pub and turned it into a community cinema and live music venue
- The future role of community development work
- Measuring the impact and social value of community investment activities.
- Ian Munro, Chief Executive, New Charter
- Chloe Fletcher, Policy Director, National Federation of ALMOs
- Gareth Swarbrick, Chief Executive, Rochdale Boroughwide Housing
- Harriet Bosnell, Director of Health, Care & Support, Curo
- Two Rivers Housing
- Phoenix Community Housing
More to be announced...
This event will also be held in Cardiff.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Early Bird: £259.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information. Early bird ends Friday 23 February 2018.