Chat with us live
Lessons from the winter health crisis – how housing can help the NHS
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 08 May 2018 10:00
- End 08 May 2018 16:00
Housing and health professionals are gathering in London next month to discuss ways the two sectors can work together to take the pressure off the NHS. Now is your chance to be involved in the conversation.
The housing sector has been talking about how it can help the NHS for years and now is the time for action. We think we have solutions, so why isn't anybody listening? Why aren’t they acted on?
It's across all areas – relieving pressure on A&E, delayed discharge, hospital transfers, social care and independent living, mental health and homelessness.
This practical workshop will bring together representatives from housing, health and care to talk about the practical challenges they face and the opportunities that working together can create.
So if you or your organisation is doing some innovative work in this area, come along and tell us about it. Later this year, HQN will be helping to publish a special edition of the 'Housing, Care and Support Journal' based on case studies and practical examples discussed at this event. We would like to extend this opportunity to delegates.
Confirmed sessions and speakers:
- An overview of the 2017-18 winter health crisis and why this doesn't happen in Scandinavia – Dr Tim Brown, HQN associate and Senior Research Associate in Housing and Local Government, De Montfort University
- How we can make partnerships work between housing associations and acute trusts – Andrew Van Doorn, Chief Executive, HACT
- Social care and the ageing population – how housing providers can take the pressure off the NHS – Vic Rayner, Executive Director, National Care Forum
- Discharging the homeless from hospital – Sophie Koehne, Advanced Mental Health Practitioner, KHP Pathway Homeless Team
- Laying the path from housing to work – supporting tenants to get the best out of new NHS and DWP work initiatives – Mick Carroll, mental health and housing expert.
Housing and health partnerships:
- Why we need to start talking the same language – Vanessa Walker, Non-Executive Director, Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust; housing association board member and councillor on East Riding Council
- The role of housing providers in Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships – Andy Snowden, Vice-Chair of Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Early Bird: £259.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information. Early bird ends Friday 6 April 2018.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.