Chat with us live
HQN annual conference 2018: 12 months later – can we go from disaster to pride?
- Type HQN Event
- Venue 30 Euston Square, London
- Start 17 Jul 2018 10:00
- End 17 Jul 2018 16:00
It's one year on from the Grenfell Tower disaster. But what has actually changed?
In the aftermath of the fire, politicians promised a sea change in the way this country looked at social housing and the people who live in it.
Likewise, our own sector leaders promised to make tenants feel safe in their homes. Lessons would be learned, money would be invested. We all said 'never again'.
But hand on heart can we really say that a tragedy like this won't be repeated? Are all our homes now safe? Have we put a stop to the stigma surrounding tenants? Or are we slipping down the agenda as politicians squabble over Brexit?
Some tenants told Dominic Raab they were proud of their homes. How do we build a sector that everyone can be proud of? And how do we pay for it?
This year's HQN annual conference will cover all of that and more. It's timely too. There is a desperate thirst for new ideas – we’ll try and quench it.
Mixing key note speakers with topical debate, you'll get to hear from:
- Alistair McIntosh, HQN Chief Executive, on new tenant-focused approaches to running organisations and better governance
- Jane Everton, Director, MHCLG on the Social Housing Green Paper
- Melanie Onn, Shadow Housing Minister, on the Labour Housing Green Paper
- Leslie Channon, Chair, A Voice for Tenants
- Keith Edwards, HQN Associate, on Lessons from Grenfell (drawing on his recent work at Kensington and Chelsea Council)
- Dr Tim Brown, Senior Research Associate in Housing and Local Government, De Montfort University, on the future of council house building (sharing exclusive research carried out with the LGA)
- Dr Beth Watts, Senior Research Fellow, Heriot-Watt University on the use of fixed term tenancies (sharing exclusive research)
- Steve Pettitt, Group Head of Health and Safety, L&Q, on the sector's response to Grenfell 12 months on and whether the Hackitt Review goes far enough.
More to be announced...
Price per delegate: £289.00*
Members of the Housing Quality Network: FREE*
*Free places are available to members of the Housing Quality Network. The number of entitled free places is dependent on level of membership (one free place for Level A members, two free places for Level B, three free places for Level C). Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Please note that a ‘no-show’ fee of £60.00 will be charged for cancelled free places unless we receive at least 14 days’ notice of your cancellation.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited. There is no refund for non-attendance, but delegates may be substituted at any time.