Chat with us live
HQN annual conference 2017 – taking positive action
- Type HQN Event
- Venue London
- Start 18 Jul 2017 10:00
- End 18 Jul 2017 17:00
In the space of a month the housing world has been turned upside down.
The shock general election on 8 June left the UK with a Conservative Party struggling to form a government, an unknown Brexit strategy and a watered down Queen's Speech.
Six days later the country was rocked by the devastating fire at Grenfell Tower in west London, a tragedy that raises crucial questions over the adequacy of our housing stock, how the sector is regulated and the support given to residents on a national and local level.
For different reasons both events have significant ramifications for housing providers but the last thing we can do now is sit in our hands. Positive action is required.
This year's annual conference, chaired by HQN Chief Executive Alistair McIntosh, brings together a top line-up of speakers who will do their best to reflect on what the last few weeks mean for the long-term future of our sector.
Key conference sessions:
- Inside Housing columnist and blogger Jules Birch will join Roger Jarman, former Head of Housing at the Audit Commission, and others to discuss the Grenfell Tower disaster and the immediate lessons we can learn.
- Ben Marshall, from Ipsos MORI, will provide an analysis of the general election result, looking at the way people voted in different parts of the country and where housing ranked in the list of priorities. His key note session will be followed by a discussion on where the uncertain political picture leaves housing.
- Notting Hill Housing Chief Executive Kate Davies will talk about the increasingly important need for succession planning and how we can develop the housing leaders of the future.
- Austen Reid, from Clarion Housing Group, will discuss the ambitions for his newly-formed organisation and why building capacity not efficiency savings was the key driver.
- Dan Hayes, Justice Solution Director at Carillion, will talk about about his company's inspirational 'Breaking down one million barriers' campaign to create employment opportunities in the construction industry for people from all walks of life.
Other sessions include:
- Quantity and quality – how do we get the best of both worlds?
- The customer voice – are we listening to our residents?
- Transforming the way we do business – using IT and data to deliver first-class services.
Ben Marshall, Research Director, Ipsos MORI
Kate Davies, Chief Executive, Notting Hill Housing
Austen Reid, Director of Integration, Clarion Housing Group
Dan Hayes, Justice Solution Director, Carillion
Andrew Van Doorn, Chief Executive, HACT.
Jules Birch, Inside Housing columnist and blogger
Helen Evans, Chief Executive, Network Housing Group
Chloe Fletcher, Policy Director, National Federation of ALMOs
Gina Amoh, Chief Executive, Inquilab Housing Association
Alice Smith, CIH Rising Stars winner 2016
Anna Benbow, Partnership Director, Mitie Property
Elly Hoult, Business Improvement Director, Notting Hill Housing
Rob Gershon, HQN Residents' Network lead associate, council tenant and full-time carer
Roger Jarman, HQN associate and former head of housing at the Audit Commission.
Price per delegate: £289.00 *
*Free places are available to members of the Housing Quality Network. The number of entitled free places is dependent on level of membership (one free place for Level A members, two free places for Level B, three free places for Level C). Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information and to check your organisations entitled number of free places. Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT.
You are here: Page 1 of 6