Chat with us live
Good governance – views from all sides of the table
- Type HQN Event
- Venue thestudio Manchester
- Address The Hive, 51 Lever Street, M1 1FN
- Start 05 Sep 2017 09:30
- End 05 Sep 2017 15:15
It's time to re-think the way we do governance. Are your arrangements fit for purpose in the era of safety and new build?
Book on to HQN's masterclass to find out what you should be doing to raise your governance standards.
Final accountability rests with the Board. The Board must act in the best interests of your residents, your employees, your key stakeholders and investors. That's not an easy task and they can't do it alone. There's a whole support team behind them. Your framework and procedures must help Board members to do their jobs effectively. Getting the relationships right and the most from skills and expertise is vital.
So join HQN Chief Executive Alistair McIntosh, Mick Warner from the Homes and Communities Agency and our leading governance associate Colin Ward, former Director of Business Assurance at Helena Partnerships, for a day of strategic advice and practical guidance.
You'll get to hear from all sides of the table – the company secretary/governance officer, the Executive team, the Board chair and the NEDs. We'll leave no stone unturned.
- HCA – what does good governance look like?
- The HQN experience: what makes a good board? what are the common pitfalls? How best to avoid them
- The NED’s perspective – how do NEDs get close to an organisation and make the right decisions when it's not our day job?
- The Chief Executive’s perspective
- A day in the life of the company secretary/governance officer - dealing with the essentials from board papers to minutes
- Making meetings more effective
- Putting it right when it all goes wrong.
- Alistair McIntosh, Chief Executive, HQN
- Mick Warner, Deputy Director of Regulation, Homes and Communities Agency
- Tony Stacey, Chief Executive, South Yorkshire Housing Association
- Jacqui McKinlay, Chief Executive, Centre for Public Scrutiny
- Claire Ryan, Director of Business Assurance, South Liverpool Homes
- Colin Ward, HQN Associate and former Director of Business Assurance at Helena Partnerships.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
Early Bird: £259.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information. Early bird ends Friday 4 August 2017.
This event will also be held in London.