Chat with us live
Good governance in the safety and supply era
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Cardiff
- Start 31 Oct 2017 10:00
- End 31 Oct 2017 16:00
It's time to re-think the way we do governance. Are your arrangements fit for purpose in the era of safety and new build?
Book on to HQN's masterclass to find out what you should be doing to raise your governance standards.
Final accountability rests with the Board. The Board must act in the best interests of your residents, your employees, your key stakeholders and investors. That's not an easy task and they can't do it alone. There's a whole support team behind them. Your framework and procedures must help Board members to do their jobs effectively. Getting the relationships right and the most from skills and expertise is vital.
So join HQN Chief Executive Alistair McIntosh and the lead associate of HQN Cymru Keith Edwards for a day of strategic advice and practical guidance.
You'll get to hear from all sides of the table – the company secretary/governance officer, the Executive team, the Board chair and the NEDs. We'll leave no stone unturned.
Full line-up of speakers to be announced shortly.
- The HQN experience: What does good governance look like? what makes a good board? what are the common pitfalls? How best to avoid them
- A day in the life of the company secretary/governance officer - dealing with the essentials from board papers to minutes
- Making meetings more effective
- Putting it right when it all goes wrong
- To pay or not to pay: but is that the question?
We'll also provide views on governance from inside and outside the boardroom, including:
- The chief executive’s perspective
- The NED’s perspective – how do NEDs get close to an organisation and make the right decisions when it's not your day job?
- The Regulatory Board for Wales perspective
- The local authority perspective
- The tenant's perspective.
- Helen White, Chair of the Regulatory Board for Wales
- Ceri Doyle, Chief Executive Newport City Homes
- Fran Bevan, Chair Merthyr Valleys Homes Democratic Body
- Simon Inkson, Vice-chair Housing Leadership Cymru and Head of Housing Powys County Council
- Joy Kent, Vice Chair, Cynon Taf Housing Group and Board Member for the Community Foundation in Wales.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00*
Members of HQN Cymru: £150.00*
Early Bird: £259.00*
*Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information. Early bird ends Friday 29 September 2017.