Chat with us live
Fix up, look sharp: Rechargeable repairs – maximising income and minimising debt
- Type HQN Event
- Venue Manchester
- Start 07 Nov 2018 10:00
- End 07 Nov 2018 16:00
Hopefully you’ve got your repairs service operating brilliantly, all the work is carried out to the highest quality and residents are delighted with the service. But what about collecting the payments for those repairs that are tenants’ responsibilities?
This is an area that is often overlooked, usually because of a misconception that rechargeable repairs debts just aren’t worth chasing as the chances of getting your money back are pretty slim. In our experience, responsibilities are frequently confused between maintenance and income management teams.
As a result, many housing providers are missing opportunities to maximize their income from rechargeable repairs. Failing to establish a payment culture amongst customers can damage the organisation’s reputation, lead to rising debt levels, potentially create rehousing problems for former tenants in the future and represent poor value for money.
This seminar will provide practical tips, alongside case studies, to help you to maximise the income from this important and often overlooked revenue stream.
We will look at and explore:
- How do you make business judgements on when and how to recharge?
- How do you incorporate rechargeable repairs in an over-arching income management strategy?
- Do you have proper policies and procedures in place?
- Clarifying tenant and landlord responsibilities – what’s current best practice in the sector?
- Do you offer payment rewards and incentives?
- Are your out of hours or emergency arrangements the weak link?
- Are you prioritising repair recharges effectively?
- How does your recovery rate compare to best practice and how can you improve it?
Whether you already have a rechargeable repairs process that you’d like to strengthen or you’re developing a policy and procedure from scratch, or looking to minimise the impact on former tenants’ future rehousing, this is the seminar for you.
HQN associates Mark Henderson and Tony Newman will combine their extensive knowledge and experience to provide practical advice on maximising your repair income and minimising customer debt.
This event will also be held in Birmingham and London.
Full price: £289.00 *
Members of any HQN network: £209.00 *
* Please note that all prices are subject to standard VAT. Please call 0845 4747 004 for more information.
Cancellations and substitutions:
A full refund will be given if a cancellation is made 28 calendar days or more prior to the event, and a 50% refund if a cancellation is made 15-27 calendar days prior to the event. We regret that no refund can be given if a cancellation is made 14 calendar days or less before the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing, and will be acknowledged by HQN Limited.